Health Benefits of Caffeine
Most people love their espresso and drink it regardless of the nutritional value. However, you’ll be delighted to learn that drinking espresso (and coffee) can improve your health.
- Espresso and coffee beans contain anti-oxidants which help repair your body’s cells after an illness or workout. They clean your blood and fight disease.
- Drinking espresso in the morning can actually help you lose weight! Caffeine boosts your metabolism, which in turn helps you burn off more calories. Plus, since coffee has low calories to begin with, it does not contribute to your daily calorie intake. However, fancy drinks like Latte’s and Cappuccinos pack in a few more calories because of the sugar, chocolate, and milk added to them, so those don’t count!
- The same caffeine that helps you lose weight also helps boost your sense of energy. You get a bonus burst of energy (or at least a rush) from the coffee and espresso which can contribute to a longer or harder workout routine and the obvious benefits that result from that.
- A recent Harvard medical study found that those who drink coffee regularly are 50% less likely to suffer from cancer including colon, rectal, and breast cancer.
- Parkinson’s disease is a debilitating disease that affects the central nervous system. While not conclusive, studies over the last 30 years have shown that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk in contracting Parkinson’s disease.
- Studies have shown that regular coffee drinkers have less likelihood of developing cirrhosis of the liver by as much as 80% than those who do not consume coffee.
While espresso and coffee are not a cure all, drinking just one espresso a day can help your health.